What will I learn?
Understand what the panel wants
- Despite the fact that you are competing for a role as a Specialist Registrar in Dermatology, you are being assessed at the level of a competent and safe Senior House Officer.
- Knowing this can help you answer questions using the appropriate lens.
Know what you’re walking into
- The format of the clinical scenario can vary significantly. We’ll ensure you’re not caught by surprise.
Complete syllabus coverage
- We have mapped our entire course to ensure that you meet the threshold of safe, competent practice across the entire medical curriculum.
- We emphasise the role of deploying the correct principles to ensure that you can work your way through even the most difficult scenarios. (Often, it’s easier to score highly on the more difficult scenarios as the bar is set lower!)
Worked example bank
- we’ll work through numerous practical scenarios with you. Applying the processes in real-time helps reinforce the theoretical frameworks. We will also provide you with further work within the course guide to enable self-study after the course.
The course doesn’t presuppose any pre-existing knowledge – we’ll take you from zero to hero in one day! It’s hard work – ensure you’re well-rested to make the best of it.
Course date: Saturday 16th September 2023
Cost: £250 – use discount code success123 to receive a £50 discount when booking both the Interview and Clinical Courses together.
Please note: you are usually able to recover the cost of the course from your Study Leave Budget.
9am – Introduction and overview
Who are we and why are we doing this?
9.10am – Inflammatory Skin Conditions
This is a broad topic and covers the heavy hitters – including eczema and psoriasis
10am – Bullous Disorders
All that blisters is not bullous pemphigoid or pemphigus
10.45am – Break
11am – Common Skin Infections
Think bacteria, virus and fungi
12 noon – Cutaneous Drug Eruptions
We’ll give you the toolkit to work through these and identify red flags
1pm – Lunch
1.45pm – Skin cancer & Dermoscopy
Lesions can sometimes throw people. Be prepared!
2.45pm – Vasculitis & Systemic Diseases
Don’t neglect your general medical knowledge. We’ll help you bring this to the table.
3.45pm – Break
4pm – Dermatological Emergencies
One of the most commonly tested topics at interview.
5pm – Q&A
We will leave no question unanswered during this session.
5.15pm – Close
It’s only bye and not goodbye. You’ll have our course handbook to work through.